Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Book 3: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams

Date Started: July 27, 2010
Date Finished: August 2, 2010

Yay back on my reading journey. Had to take a break to read book 5 of the Vampire Academy series, book 10 of the True Blood series, and book 9 of the Undead series. But now, back to the serious reading :P

In order to ease my way back into these books again, I decided to jump back in with Hitchhiker's guide. Again, I've read this book before in high school, but again, I don't remember it at all. I just know I really liked it at the time.

The book starts out with Earth ending in approximately 12 minutes. Arthur Dent is trying to save his house from being demolished when his friend, Ford Prefect, comes to find him to tell him that Earth is about to be blown up. They escape just in the nick of time to start hitchhiking through space. They end up on a ship that has an improbability drive, find a planet that was supposed to be just a fairy tale, and learn that the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42.

Reading this book made me feel like I was asleep on acid. It was funny and entertaining, but was a little difficult to read because of all of the made up words, planets, creatures, etc.

Now, on to the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment