Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Book 2: Little Women - Louisa May Alcott

Date Started: April 25, 2010
Date Finished: June 08, 2010

Wow, this was honestly one of the hardest books I've ever read! I've started this book 3-4 times in the past and had never finished. This time I was on a serious mission to finish it, even if it was the last thing I did! So now I'm finally done, and I feel better about it than I did while reading. Throughout most of the book I could only read one chapter at a time. The style of the writing just didn't work for me. Plus it was super cheesy. The way all the girls acted and talked; it was just hard for me to handle. I'm extremely happy I finished it though.

*I'm upset Laurie didn't end up with Jo. I totally thought it was going to happen.

*Super sad about little Beth. :(

*I do love how the first chapter of the book all the 'girls' are complaining about being poor and having nothing for Christmas, etc. And the last chapter of the book all of the 'women' can't stop talking about how happy they are.

In the end, I come off from reading this book and can say I like it. It's a great story as a whole, even though pieces of it were really hard to get through. I think if I were to read it again I'd have a much easier time doing so (not saying that I'm going to). I've rented the movie now so I can watch and compare. I'm now taking a break from my list to read 2 books that I've been dying to read but have been waiting patiently till I finished Little Women. BRB

No comments:

Post a Comment