Monday, March 14, 2011

Book 5: Dracula - Bram Stoker

Date Started: March 14, 2011
Date Finished: May 27, 2011

Wow, another book that took me a really long time to read. This book was also written in a way, almost like Little Women, where it was really hard for me to understand what they were saying at times. This also made it to where I could only read a few pages before falling asleep. I felt like it took 3 pages for them to get from point A to B, then 5 pages to get from point B to C, then 2 more pages to go from C back to A. So 2 1/2 months later I finally finished.

I felt like I needed to read this book to see where it all came from. I'm slightly obsessed with Vampire/paranormal romance books, shows and movies. Dracula is where it all started and I wanted to start from the beginning. This was definitely one of the hardest vampire books I've read. :P

The COOLEST part about reading this book, is that my brother and future sister-in-law got me this book for Christmas from UstarNovels. This company, www.ustarnovels.com, can switch out character names with any name you choose! So these are the edits they made:

Jonathan Harker = My boyfriends name
I was Wilhelmina "Mina" Murray
My BFF was Lucy Westenra

This made the book really fun to read because I was reading about names that I knew. (except for when they had to kill Lucy aka my bff hannah)

This also might not be good for future reference when I'm discussing this book with someone and they ask me about Jonathan Harker, and I ask "Who?"

Overall I liked this book. I'm happy I read it. I feel like the book could've been half in length and still could've gotten the story across. But this book was written in 1897. I'll blame the century time difference that made it so difficult for me. I'm sad Quincy Morris died in the end, but I guess it would've been too easy if no one had died.

Time for another break in my literary quest. Book 11 of the Sookie Stackhouse series calls, and then possibly the start of The Hunger Games. BBL

No comments:

Post a Comment