Friday, June 24, 2011

Book 6: Adventures of Tom Sawyer - Mark Twain

Start Date: May 30, 2011
End Date: June 24, 2011

Awww :) My initial feelings right after finishing this book. Such a cute story...except for Injun Joe!!

The story starts out with Tom Sawyer getting nagged by his Aunt Polly to do chores and such. Tom's a lil trouble maker.. getting other kids to do his dirty work by saying it's a big treat to be painting the fence! His Aunt Polly loves him but has trouble keeping up with him. Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn go on a bunch of little adventures together...until one night they see a murder go down and poor Muff Potter got framed by Injun Joe. Good ol' Tom came to Potters defense at the trail and saved him. Injun Joe escaped town and Tom was always worried he'd come back for revenge. In the end, Injun Joe dies, Huck and Tom find a huge treasure, and Becky and her family love Tom. The story ended really happily.

I read this book a lot faster than I thought I would. It seems like it'd be more interested for a juvenile boy to enjoy, but I really liked it. It was an easy, light hearted read. Although I did fear Injun Joe, and was afraid when Becky and Tom got lost in the cave. I'm happy everything worked itself out in the end, and Huck got a home with a loving Widow to take care of him and send him to school.

Overall, great book! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment